However, this weekend the weather overtook the AC's ability. It's a balmy 82 degrees in the house according to the thermostat - and it's nearly 7 p.m. I was afraid to look at the temperature at 2 this afternoon.
I don't believe that it's currently this cool...
A 1929 house means no insulation. There's no mediator between me and the heat, and the 3 fans we have blowing 24/7 just aren't cutting it. Why couldn't this have happened two weeks ago when it was still cool and rainy? On the other hand, I'm happy it happened at the end of May instead of during the dog days of August. Aaron just might have been forced to ship me to my parent's house for all my whining.I'm hot and sweaty and irritable. It's hard to fall asleep and I wish I didn't have neighbors so I could strip down and possibly be less miserable... do you see what Aaron has to deal with? I'm reverting to my teenage attitude.
It's these luxuries that I take for granted until they're temporarily gone. I should be thankful that I live in a country and time where air conditioning is the norm. I'll try to maintain that thought until it's fixed. I'm never too old for an attitude adjustment...or so my dad often told 15-year-old me.

When I was sixteen, I once told my dad that "Sixteen was too old to be spanked." Haha... he then proved me wrong. But I totally agree with you on this! I get super cranky when I'm uncomfortable, and 82 is definitely uncomfortable!
ReplyDelete