Several ladies and I hosted a baby shower for Lindsey, a sweet staff member at our school. It's her first child, and it's a BOY!
For the "storybook" theme, guests were asked to bring a children's book in lieu of a card or as their gift. We built quite the library today!
| Lindsey, our Guest of Honor |
Everyone did such a great job - it came together so nicely. Cupcakes, lemon cookies, candy, and fruit to satisfy our sweet tooth's.
| Janelle's adorable diaper cake w/ book topper |
I modified a punch recipe I found online, and it turned out to be quite tasty! The bonus? It was super simple. I quadrupled the recipe twice to ensure I had enough for everyone, but the standard called for 1 can lemonade concentrate, 3 cups of water, and 12 oz Sprite. I added ice to cool it down and sliced lemons for presentation. Yum!
You could also substitute raspberry or pink lemonade concentrate...if your party were for a baby girl. :)
| Miss Hadley served as entertainment. She previewed most of the books to make sure they were kid-approved. |
First a lick...
Then a nose-dive! Silly girl.
| Jaye Bea made the cutest onesies - I'm going to need a tutorial! |
This picture makes my heart melt.
We had a wonderful time and a great turnout. Lindsey's going to be a wonderful mother, and I hope she and Jack have lots of sweet moments with their noses in a book.
We can't wait to welcome you to the world, Baby Jack!

I can't stop saying thank you! I just loved everything.
ReplyDelete