We finished writing our papers for our Elderly Assignment for HPDP (Health Promotion Disease Prevention, also known as Most Pointless Class Ever). The first was a summary of our interview with an elderly individual, and the second was a reflection of the summary. Please, keep assigning us busy work. We crave it, because we have nothing else to do but twiddle our thumbs all day.
Wednesday was our designated time slot for the Surgical Assisting Lab at TTC. Now that we've mastered (?) scrubbing in, we moved on to learning how to announce ourselves, how to follow the surgeon's sutures, what tools to request from the Scrub Tech and when, and how to pass said tools to other assistants and the surgeon. I'm soaking up all of these practical lessons for rotations! We're very blessed to be able to have these opportunities.
![]() |
| Trying his hand at laparoscopy |
We also received our Doctors in Training Step 1 Study Guide Thursday. Yikes. I coped by practicing my surgical knots on my shoe string.
Friday morning was our fourth Pathology exam, which we took in the newly remodeled lower level of Merkel auditorium. It's so much more spacious and light! Plus, it smells new. I love that new smell.
Unfortunately, I developed the worst ulcer I've ever had earlier in the week. I may or may not have come home and cried after the exam until the Prilosec + Pepto Bismol kicked in. I am in need of some major stress relieving activities! I believe Aaron and I will resume our evening walks along Riverside, or I may not survive Boards.
![]() |
| My current best friend |
Whew! What a week! The excitement keeps building, but so does the stress. I'm looking forward to June 12 more than I can express!




No comments:
Post a Comment