Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Blessings

I am 26 years old, and I still dye/decorate eggs and receive an Easter basket. Don't you?

I still love to watch the tiny bubbles!
I love that my family continues these traditions despite the number of years that have passed since the time frame others deem them "age-appropriate." We retain that childlike excitement over the holiday and what it represents, and we don't have to miss out on any fun just because we're getting older!


My mom texted Macee and me a picture of a carton of eggs and a NEON egg-coloring kit last Thursday evening. We added 3 tablespoons of vinegar to each container to achieve the neon look, and they turned out beautifully!

Fun with wax crayons!


 Immediately after our alarm went off (early, I might add... I tend to run late on Easter morning), I asked Aaron to open the door to see what the Easter Bunny brought us!


 Our favorite candy in fun Easter shapes, a magazine, Easter panties (for me), a subscription to Traditional Home and Veranda (I LOVE magazines!), and chaise lounge chairs for our deck! I can't wait to spend some quality time with my First Aid book and the sun. :)

Hot mama and sister

Love my family! So proud of my daddy and his hard work!


Matt brought his mom to church and they joined us for a big Easter lunch afterwards. Ham, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, homemade bread, blueberry cheesecake, pecan cobbler, white chocolate cake, and apple cobbler courtesy of Matt's mom. Yum!

Handsome doctors-to-be

Easter cards

 Mom and Dad wrote a passage to Aaron in his card, stating that he is the son they never had. It warmed my heart so. :)

A great Easter message, meal, and fellowship. Isn't God so good?! 
Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment